Join now

Christmas Day Environmentally-Friendly Potluck (Hanoi)

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is a time for celebrating. Usually, that is with family and friends. However, when we work abroad that is not always possible.

I have decided to open my home, in Times City, Hanoi, to allow a maximum of 25 people to come over and celebrate together, from 19:30 until 22:30 on Christmas Day.

Given the very serious attention I believe we must all pay to the environment, however, I will not provide any disposable plates, utensils or glasses. I have lots of dish detergent so everyone will be welcome to wash up before they leave.

Also, I have no oven but I do have a microwave and a fridge which should be able to hold quite a bit of beer, wine or other beverages that need refrigeration and I will try to have some ice too.

If you want to come join us to celebrate...here's the deal.
Bring:
a) a dish to share with non-disposable serving utensils
b) a plate and a knife, fork, spoon, and/or chopsticks and a re-usable container in case we have lots of leftovers you can take home
c) whatever you like to drink and a glass to put it in
d) your favourite Christmas music
e) your friendly spirit and some good stories to tell

So we are organized, please leave a message on the wall. I will private message you and organize with you what you are bringing so we don't end up with 25 quiches. At that time, I will also provide my address and phone number.

Please note that I do have to work on the morning of Christmas day so will be unable to take calls or respond to messages until 13:00 on the day of the event.

Hanoi Forum

Our Global Partners