With Chef Nguyễn Phương Hải, from Quán Ăn Ngon chain in Hà Nội.
Lươn mẹt Nghệ An (Nghệ An assorted eel on bamboo plate).[U1]
Nghệ An is famous far and wide for its eel dish that has gained prestige and the interest of people in and outside the country.
After selecting ingredients of the highest quality, Chef Hải creates a wonderful culinary symphony consisting of fresh eel, piper lolot and girdle cake, among several other ingredients, which could make your mouth water even before you taste it.
The most special basket eel is chả lươn cuốn lá lốt (grilled eel wrapped in piper lolot leaves). Before enjoying the dish, you should try several vegetable pickles and salad to stimulate your appetite. When you pick up an aromatic and delicious piece of eel wrapped in pig’s omental fat and grilled on traditional charcoal, you will enjoy a soft and a bit singed eel piece, which has been carefully dipped in a special flavour of galingale and fermented rice.
Ingredients: serves 2
- Protected content eel
- Protected content lean meat
- Protected content pig’s omental fat
- Protected content dried onion
- Protected content fresh onion
- Protected content galingale
- Protected content fermented rice
- Protected content saffron
- Protected content sesame
- Protected content lolot leaves
- Protected content of pig’s omental fat
- Protected content chilli
- Protected content knotweed
- Protected content dried pancake
- Protected content of fish sauce, 1/5 spoon salt, 1/3 spoon sugar and 1 spoon white wine.
- Protected content the eel, cut up its bone, and cut the eel into pieces.
- Protected content the galingale and saffron and squeeze out its water, while purifying fermented rice.
- Protected content lean meat and chilli
- Protected content pig’s omental fat into 10cm by 10cm pieces.
- Protected content eel, chopped lean meat, chilli and fried and fresh onion, as well as fragrant knotweed, galingale; saffron and fermented rice juice, besides the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Protected content piece by piece of mixed eel with pig’s omental fat and tie it with scalded fresh onion and then grill it on traditional charcoal till it’s done to a turn.
You can sample the dish at outlets of the Quán Ăn Ngon chain in Hà Nội:
Protected content Bội Châu Str, Hoàn Kiếm District.
Protected content Đình Phùng Street, Ba Đình District.
Protected content – 1st floor, Trung Hòa Nhân Chính, Cầu Giấy.
Protected content ground, Vincom Royal City, Thanh Xuân.
Protected content Phố, third floor, Aeon Mall Long Biên, Long Biên District.
Hotline: 090.222.8494/ Protected content
Link: Protected content