Join now

Qualified School Teacher seeking work in Vietnam (Hanoi)

Hello all,

My name is Bill Wheatley and I am a Primary School Teacher from Melbourne, Australia. I have recently moved to Vietnam with the intention of working as a teacher here long term.

I have spent some time researching and applying for positions in HCMC, Hanoi as well as some of the coastal cities including Pham Thiet, Nha Trang and Hoi An. I have had some offers but nothing has been overly enticing as yet. I feel like the good jobs aren't being advertised.

I know I would be happier and more relaxed living in a smaller city, but if a well-paid opportunity came up in the big city I could afford a comfortable apartment and regular trips to the beach. So I'm open to all options - I just want a good one!

I graduated from a Bachelor Primary Education (with Distinction) obtained in Melbourne Australia and have 1 year teaching experience in Australia and one month volunteering in Nepal, as well as numerous years working with children on various sport and recreation programs. I am also currently enrolled in a 4 week intensive TESOL course with ITTT in Saigon which will be completed by June 22nd Protected content will be available for work shortly after this date. So I'm qualified to teach anything!

My teacher portfolio can be found at Protected content

I have a clear criminal record, am a very passionate and driven teacher and I love to be culture-shocked and challenged.

If you know of any ideal positions available, either full time teaching or private tutoring I would be eternally grateful for you to pass them on to me.

Kindest regards,

Bill Wheatley