Join now

Tent manufacturing in Vietnam (Hanoi)

Views

I) Background story: A Client from Netherlands contacted me on Feb 8th, Protected content ask help contacting tent manufacturing in Vietnam.

The Client is an expert in mining, oil & gas industry and he frequently need to stay overnight on the field because of his work. And he need to live in tent(s). However the tents he had experienced weren’t good enough for his needs. He knew that they can be improved, so he got the business idea why doesn’t he just make tents for himself and also selling. He asked professional people around him and they said it’s a good idea. People mostly pointed him to go to Vietnam, they said there are good manufacturers there who know what are they doing.

He was given 3 company names to contact, but he was able to contact only 1 of them, the two others he only had company names. The one he had contacted is actually a backpack manufacturer, not a tent manufacturer but they were willing to talk. At that time he had booked his flight to arrive on Feb 24 and leave on Mar 9th.

The Client mostly wanted to learn about tent manufacturing here and make some samples to test in some field trips in near future, then he will decide about ordering. He didn’t 100% decide on sizes, design and materials so he wanted to order several samples with difference to test.

Until we were able to get to know each other and the work he wanted to be done, as well as agreed on a payment for my service, it was already Feb 13th. Due to lunar new year holiday, all offices and businesses are off starting Feb 15th until Feb 21st, and in the last days before the holiday, they were also not very into business. So it was much difficult to get to talk to them and much longer to wait for their respond. Some only responded or able to contact after the holiday. Some said they will reply then never replied. Even some of them (who replied me) extended their holiday to Feb 25th, so I was only able to contact them again by then.

II) Tent manufacturers in Vietnam:

I contacted 10 manufacturers in Vietnam, in which 2 of them are the names which the Client got from his contact (Mountech Co Ltd and Tai Viet)

1) Mountech Co Ltd:

They don’t have official website. Started operation on Apr 1st Protected content . Business license issued Nov 12, Protected content . The company is 100% German-owned and to make order/inquiry, Client need to contact mother company in Germany.

2) Tai Viet Camping Products Industries Co Ltd:

The factory in Vietnam is only for producing, they aren’t in charge of accommodating inquiries. To inquiry about producing, Clients should contact Mr. James – Taiwan office via phone number Protected content . 0080, extension 54.

3) TL company: (website hidden)

Address: District 12, Ho Chi Minh city. Contact person: Mr. Hau
The company had been in the business since Protected content . They mostly produced to sell to retail stores. So they don’t promote a lot on their website, because if they do that the retail stores – their Clients may lose their share.

He said many stores say on their websites that they have factory, but they actually don’t have and just buy from TL company.

He said their MOQ is Protected content phone, without seeing photo of the product yet)

They don’t produce for exportation. They can produce but the Client need to take care of exportation.

4) Windtrip tent: website hidden

Address: District 3, Ho Chi Minh city.
They are having difficulty to find supplies for materials to produce, so they can’t accept order.

5) Viet Tent: website hidden

Office&warehouse: Bình Tân district. Factory: Go Vap district, Ho Chi Minh city

They don’t update their website, when I called them they gave me another email address with the one on their website. I also emailed them but they didn’t reply me yet.

They also have store in Hanoi and already produced similar product with the one Client wants to produce. They also don’t produce for exportation. They can produce but the Client need to take care of exportation.

6) Hoang Tan tent: website hidden
Address: District 1.
They said they haven’t done this style of frame before, so they can’t accept to help.

7) Guangxi Zepu: Protected content

This is a Chinese-owned company, they don’t have factory in Vietnam, only office.
I’ve spoke with a Chinese guy who can speak Vietnamese very well.
His phone number is Protected content .
Office in Ho Chi Minh city: Ho Chi Minh city.

He said their MOQ is Protected content .

8) Protected content Their website offer lots of tents, however, when I called them, they said they are no longer in this business.

9) Viet Idea company at Ninh Binh city (in the North): website hidden

MOQ: Protected content via phone without seeing photo of the product)

Their website for me is the most professional one which offering manufacturing. Other company’s websites which I can find are mostly to offer retail, but this company’s website offer manufacturing very well.

Hanoi Forum

Our Global Partners