Join now

new idea - work experience opportunities (Havana)

Good day to all friends and colleagues on InterNations Havana.

I will not be back in Havana until 1st February and I would love to meet some of you during the month I will be there on that occasion.

Meanwhile, I am interested in gleaning any expression of interest for an opportunity we are offering to students in the UK and Spain (primarily, although not exclusively).

We have many years of experience placing students in companies mostly in Spain but also in some Latin American countries. We are now wanting to expand that opportunity to young people (mainly university students) to gain some CV-enhancing experience in enterprises in Cuba.

We have received some very encouraging responses to date and I am now wondering if any friends and colleagues here are able to offer short-term placement-style opportunities of four to six weeks, probably most conveniently during the summer months. The tourism industry may be of interest but I would welcome any ideas from you about what we might be able to organise. We could arrange to meet in February to thrash around the ideas with more clarity.

So I am inviting you to contact me with any expressions of interest. The students we send will be self-funding and will cover all their own costs. If you have any English language needs, they would be ideally placed to asssit and contribute although they would be enhancing their CV by simply being attached to an organisation in Cuba.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Meanwhile, I'm wishing you a very happy Caribbean Christmas and an exciting and fulfilling Protected content .

Warm wishes (from a chilly UK)

Jackie

Havana Forum

Our Global Partners