Join now

Many Faces of Immigration project (Helsinki)

What is Many Faces of Immigration or ‘Walk in Another’s Shoes’ project about ?
The project try to bring together governmental organisations, which provide diverse services for immigrants', and immigrants' associations, which are using these services. Several misconceptions on both sides had been identified. By adopting a people-centered design approach we will try to change this contrary situation and propose better and more appropriate services for immigrants. You can find more about the project at Protected content

Who I am ?
I am researcher with experiences working in designing with people. At the moment I am a visiting researcher at the Aalto University, School of Arts, Design and Architecture as a part of the Encore research group. More information about me can be find at Protected content

What I want to do ?
Together with people who have experiences what means being immigrant (you) and those who are providing services for immigrants I want to develop more suitable services for immigrants living in Finland.

How you can help?
You can help with participating at the interview where you will be asked ‘How it was when you moved to Finland?’ by bringing your favourite object from your home country, make your journey from when you moved to Finland by using different visual materials. At the end I would be interested to know how you have been using different services, web sides, information booklets for immigrants available in Helsinki. Interview will be 1 hour long and some homework will be required to be done before the interview.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact me at Protected content or Protected content . I will be expecting your contact until 14th of February.

Thank you for your time and I am looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,
Helena Sustar

Helsinki Forum

Our Global Partners