Join now

Few questions about expat life in HCMC (Ho Chi Minh City)

Dear friends,

I am thinking of moving to Vietnam / HCMC for work opportunity and have few questions, would really appreciate your help/advice/POV.

I am a single (divorced in fact) 39yo male, so would be moving alone. I am used to a higher standard of living, but can imagine to do some compromises in order to save money for other things and live slightly locally (eating at least, which I simply loved in Vietnam). The work would be in Bitexco tower.

Housing: Where would you recommend to consider acommodation? Is having a car a benefit in HCMC? What about the other means of transport - public? Any chance to think about "walking to the office"? Or should I consider other districts (and would car then be helpful?)? I sure do not feel like motorbiking (having spent few days in HCMC and few weeks in Vietnam before) I do not think I could manage:).

What about the cost of living? a nice apartment 1 bedroom with the living room and a balcony, ideally a building with pool and/or gym would be highly appreciated, but I do not need any top expat luxury. What costs to count with for that? 700USD/1000USD or more/less? I would prefer not sharing I guess, but who knows...

Thank you very much in advance,
Kind regards,
Milan

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Ho Chi Minh City Forum