Hiring: International Creative Sourcing Associate (Ho Chi Minh City)
VAN THIEL & CO. is seeking for INTERNATIONAL CREATIVE SOURCING ASSOCIATE to join its team in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
We are looking for a full-time International Creative Sourcing Associate to join its team in Ho Chi Minh City. This role will work closely with the Creative Leaders, assisting in getting the right materials for the right products at the right time. It’s imminent this person has the ability to understand the time sensitive nature of a product development cycle, has a creative insight and nose for new and interesting materials, and ﬂexibility to work in different stages of the manufacturing process.
VAN THIEL & CO. is a leading and signiﬁcant creative design and sourcing partner to selected high-end furniture retailers across the globe, especially in the U.S. We strongly believe that the right people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy. People who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see an answer to every problem, as opposed to those who see a problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined and won’t take “no” for an answer. We value team players and people who are more concerned with what is right, rather than with who is right.
Your responsibilities will include:
· To provide support in material sourcing to creative leaders and the product development team.
· Find new exciting and fresh ideas to be used on mixed-material concepts.
· Drive for speed in reduction of lead times and supply chain in order to help Target be ﬁrst to market.
· Utilize negotiating skills and costing expertise to ensure quality and cost and deliver maximum bottom-line impact.
· Onboard suppliers, including: system setup, contract loading, documentation practices, ensure successful transition into the Direct Supply portfolio.
· Maintain supplier database and documentation.
The ideal candidate MUST:
· Protected content of experience in sourcing.
· Protected content a background in the furniture industry or interior design.
· Protected content to think conceptually and have a good eye for new products and materials.
· Protected content written and verbal communication skills in English, Chinese Mandarin is a plus.
· Protected content negotiation and vendor management skills.
· Protected content to travel abroad to exhibitions, international vendors and fairs.
If you meet these criteria, then VAN THIEL & CO. welcomes the opportunity to meet you. Please send your resume to Protected content . Both expats and locals welcome.