HSBC:French Speaking Premier Relationship Manager (Ho Chi Minh City)
HSBC, one of the leading banking and financial service organisations in the world, is looking for high-calibre French Speaking (Expat/Vietnamese) Premier Relationship Manager for its Metropolitan office. The job offers excellent career potential and attractive remuneration packages.
* Job description
To supervise and lead sub-team on the following: acquire, establish and grow Premier customer relationships to achieve the RBWM sales and service targets. To maximize profitability through portfolio growth, share of wallet, the achievement of customer retention and the growth of high value targeted customers.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Impact on the Business/Function [COMPLETE Protected content
• Achieve income targets through the strategic targeting of high net worth individuals and wealth management products.
• Achieve Premier customer number target through strategic planning and implementation of sale initiatives.
• Contribute to the overall performance and profitability of the Premier Centre in line with RBWM VNM AOP
• Proactively grow the Premier portfolio through completion of effective Premier Individual Reviews, regular contact and Financial Planning Reviews.
Customers / Stakeholders [COMPLETE Protected content
• Ensure the provision of excellent customer service
• Manage the customer relationships through the development of single point relationship management
• Develop deep customer knowledge to anticipate customer’s financial needs on an ongoing basis
• Ensure the provision of after sales service to customers to monitor product performance and explore cross-selling opportunities
• Resolute customer complaints and queries within agreed timescales in line with the Customer Complaints Handling standards
Leadership & Teamwork [COMPLETE Protected content
• Manage Premier Relationship Managers and other team team members to ensure a consistent approach and application of the Premier proposition
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Support Premier centre in the continuous improvement of the bank’s service and sales process and standards
• Ensure that business risks are managed and operational procedures comply with Group and regulatory standards and guidelines
Typical Targets and Measures
• Achievement of Premier Centre sales and service targets including Wealth Management, in line with the growth of the global Premier proposition
• Premier Centre performance through Premier Centre League Tables and timely implementation of action plans and improvement plans
• Premier Mystery Shop results
• Feedback to Retail Store Manager (where applicable) and Premier team head or SVP Sales RBWM
• No justifiable customer complaints where avoidance of the complaint is within the staff members control
• Premier Performance reports and timely action to improve plans.
• Action based on complaint monitoring reports and sale reports.
• Sharing ideas and best practice across Premier management team.
• Nominating and discussing deals of the month with all areas, and providing feedback on successes
• Ensure a highly motivated working environment.
• Number of Retail Store initiatives
• No major compliance issue
• Meeting requirement of statutory & audit requirements and sales quality assurance
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)
• To have a comprehensive understanding of the customer portfolio, customer financial needs & when there will be the opportunity to fulfill them.
• To organize a customer portfolio in line with the standards laid down in the Regional Activity Management Guide for Relationship Managers
• To be able to sensitively & appropriately re-direct customers to the most cost effective & efficient service delivery channel.
• Effectively balance the need to grow the portfolio whilst maintaining the highest standards of operational integrity & ensuring that others that report to you do the same.
• The job holder must have extensive knowledge of the bank’s Premier proposition & global standards relating to this area of the business.
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
• RBWM has re-focused to achieving aggressive growth through Premier proposition. Within a one year period, Premier will have to grow the base over 250% and increase market share across all products under Premier.
• Increase in fierce competition, inflation, unstable liquidity, and market complexity.
• Premier need to maintain all other portfolios KPIs such as cross sell ratios over 5%, below balance less than 10%, product penetration rates and income of 5Mn USD in Protected content .
• The job holder is required to work within parameters/guidelines/regulations set out in the Proposition Guide, FIM, BIM, GIM, and other related HSBC Group Manuals, as well as those laid down by all regulatory authorities.
Management & Leadership of Regulatory, Compliance & Operational Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
Demonstrate leadership on Regulatory & Compliance matters. Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimising relations with regulators.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget. in USD’000)
• Ensure the team contribution towards Premier customer number target of Protected content the end of the year.
• Ensure the team contribution towards Premier income, cross sell and all other key performance indicators.
Knowledge / Experience
• Good understanding of the RBWM business and Service and Sales within Premier Centres
• Proven ability in relationship management in the Premier sector
• Experience of working with high net worth individuals as a customer base
• Extensive knowledge of local markets and relevant competitor products and services
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a particular emphasis upon inspiring, influencing and negotiating.
• Effective sales leadership skills including coaching and sales activity management on a team / one to one basis
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Sound problem solving skills
• Ability to react to change and deal with ambiguity
• Ability to develop sales plans and execute the same for the team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.
Have a nice day!