Moving to Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City)
My husband and I together with our three year old daughter are considering to move to South East Asia. We work in development and are quite flexible in terms of location. One option would be Ho Chi Minh City or Hanoi.
We have never been to Vietnam. We have some very basic questions and would very much appreciate if you could give us your thoughts on HCMC (maybe compared to other places in the region) with regards to:
- what is the cost of living compared to other cities in the region?
- how do expats live, e.g. is it possible to have a house with garden and how much would need to pay for rent?
- how is live as a small family: how is child care organised (nanny etc) and how is schooling etc?
- how is the arts, music, entertainment scene in HCMC?
- what do you personally like about living in HCMC, VIetnam and whad are the aspects that you like less?
- finally, if you could chose a city in South East Asia, where would you move to? Would it be HCMC, Hanoi or any other place?Why
Thank you very much for your help!