Join now

Moving to Vietnam? (Ho Chi Minh City)

Dear Expats and Locals in HCMC,

Every day, every hour and every minute, people are making decisions. But once in awhile we have to make a decision that might chance our lives. Currently I have to make this kind of decision.

At this moment I am living in Cambodia and I am about the finish my final project at the company I am working for. I thought I had two options. One; find a new job in Cambodia. Or two; move back to my safe haven, The Netherlands. But more and more often, a third option is slipping into my head; 'Working and living in Vietnam'.

You probably feel my question coming. Is there a need for a dynamic and result-oriented leader with a strong technical background in or around HCMC?

Originally I am a Mechanical Engineer, specialized in designing Energy Systems. But the last two years I was mainly setting up new (garment related) production lines and production techniques, while I was focusing on process improvement, problem solving, machine safety and efficiency.

What do you Think? Stay away from HCMC? Or give it a try? Or maybe just go and start from there? Please share your thoughts. Also let me know if you are interested in my detailed Resume.

Thank you for your time and I hope for your input and suggestions.