Join now

Moving with an infant: where to find a nanny, etc? (Ho Chi Minh City)

Hi,
We are moving to HCMC in August. While I'm an old hand at moving countries, this move will be my first with a baby. I'm hoping to settle in really quickly this time round and am on the look out for a nanny, housekeeper and cook. Can anyone please let me know how to get hold of them? Also, I have no idea about pay, work hours, off days, whether employers are supposed to provide meals, etc. Someone we know of pays USD Protected content month for a full-time housekeeper. Is this a fair wage? Would a full-time nanny be paid the same as any other household staff? How many days a week and for how many hours a day can I expect a full-timer to work and are the rules and rates different for a live-in? My husband will travel a lot, so I would probably need someone (the nanny maybe) to stay overnight sometimes (so maybe a live-in would be better?) Also, what is the standard rate for part-timers? Is location important? We're likely to be in District 2. I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm jittery about moving to a place I've no idea about yet (never been to Vietnam before) with a five month old and any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Ho Chi Minh City Forum