Join now

Moving with an infant: where to find a nanny, etc? (Ho Chi Minh City)

Hi,
We are moving to HCMC in August. While I'm an old hand at moving countries, this move will be my first with a baby. I'm hoping to settle in really quickly this time round and am on the look out for a nanny, housekeeper and cook. Can anyone please let me know how to get hold of them? Also, I have no idea about pay, work hours, off days, whether employers are supposed to provide meals, etc. Someone we know of pays USD Protected content month for a full-time housekeeper. Is this a fair wage? Would a full-time nanny be paid the same as any other household staff? How many days a week and for how many hours a day can I expect a full-timer to work and are the rules and rates different for a live-in? My husband will travel a lot, so I would probably need someone (the nanny maybe) to stay overnight sometimes (so maybe a live-in would be better?) Also, what is the standard rate for part-timers? Is location important? We're likely to be in District 2. I know this is a lot of questions, but I'm jittery about moving to a place I've no idea about yet (never been to Vietnam before) with a five month old and any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks.

Ho Chi Minh City Forum

Our Global Partners