Permanent In-House Legal Counsel Position (Ho Chi Minh City)
Hey everyone, we are seeking an ambitious junior to mid-level lawyer looking for a new challenge to act as the company’s sole in-house counsel. You would have sole responsibility for all legal matters across CRCC Asia and Virtual Internships in all jurisdictions
We are seeking an ambitious junior to mid-level lawyer looking for a new challenge to act as the company’s sole in-house counsel. Ideally, after a trial period in your home country, you would relocate to the company’s global hub in Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City is the main economic and business hub of Vietnam, which is currently the fastest growing economy amongst ASEAN countries. In Protected content , Ho Chi Minh City was ranked as the 4th best city in Asia for millennial employment prospects. The cost of living in Vietnam is also significantly lower than the UK - a salary of £24,000 in Ho Chi Minh City is the equivalent of £60,000 in London.
As in-house counsel, you would have sole responsibility for all legal matters across CRCC Asia and Virtual Internships in all jurisdictions. Typical tasks include:
● Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts with university and government partners and other stakeholders.
● Supporting corporate matters, including basic corporate governance (board minutes, shareholders resolutions etc.) and documentation relating to investment into the companies.
● Maintaining customer terms and conditions, and dealing with customer disputes.
● Maintaining GDPR compliance.
● Supporting HR function by drafting staff contracts and ensuring employment law compliance
● Working directly with senior management team on miscellaneous legal matters.
● Instructing external counsel where necessary.
Salary and benefits will be set according to your experience and preferred location. CRCC Asia and Virtual Internships have expanded rapidly over the last few years. As they continue to do so, there will be scope for progression to a General Counsel role in the longer term.
● Competitive salary, adjusted for purchasing power parity
● Health insurance
● Option to work remotely one day a week
● Opportunity to work with ambitious, entrepreneurial colleagues interested in international education, travel, and/or study abroad.
● Annual leave on your birthday
● Potential to work from any of CRCC Asia’s global offices [China, Japan, Korea, UK, US, Australia]
● Warm weather all year round!
FULL-JOB DESCRIPTION: Protected content
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to Protected content as soon as possible. The current in-house counsel may be leaving the company by the end of August, so we are looking for somebody to start in early September, and will be interviewing candidates on a rolling basis.