Warning to Expats in Private Businesses (Ho Chi Minh City)
Corporate espionage is a growing problem in Viet Nam! Protected content over 36 groups that had been linked to specifically targeting private foreign companies in Viet Nam, and Protected content 47 groups. Protected content expected to be even worse!
I would like to remind ALL foreign interest organizations located in Viet Nam to avoid digital communication in business that are NOT encrypted. As irritating as it is to have to spend more time on protecting a conversation than the actual communication, it remains clear that there is NO SUCH THING as "PRIVACY" in Viet Nam.
A FEW RECOMMENDATIONS:
1) Utilize no smaller than Protected content encryption keys PLUS passwords on all inter-office communications that are encrypted and decrypted by the sender and receiver.
2) Routinely change encryption keys & Passwords no less than every 90 days.
3) Store data / information / record backups on your host nations servers ( Not on physical devices inside of Viet Nam ). This includes your local computer.
4) NEVER use Viet Services that handle private information. ( This includes Courier Services ).
5) NEVER communicate any private information over mobile services.