3 MOST IMPORTANT DREAMS, NEEDS TO BE FULFILLED (Hong Kong)
3 most important dreams, needs to be fulfilled in life and business?
The question what I need to be happy and fulfilled in life is not only important but vital. Every human being is struggling with this question at various stages in their lives and many people mix the needs with wants. In fact there are too many articles and opinions about the subject and I believe in the simplicity of wise people answers based on research.
People want an amazing physique. People want to start their own business or become financially independent. People want a wonderful partner, a spouse. They want to be happy and have a great family and a job they like. People they think will be happy if they buy that house or get a promotion or when they win the lottery. People have so many wants and always want to have something else forgetting to appreciate and enjoy what they have.
But what are the 3 most important life needs based on research?
Based on 2 studies with people in different life stages:
- People above 80 years old with their wisdom just before the end of their lives. The question was “what would be the top 3 advices they would give to their younger selves”?
- Top Potential leaders from Protected content companies. The question was “why do you stay with the company you are working for”?
Surprisingly or not the 3 top answers were very similar. The former statement is from the seniors and the latter from the top potential leaders:
1. Appreciate and enjoy what you have instead to keep on looking for what you do not.
I have exciting work and I love what I am doing.
2. Appreciate and share big part of your life with your friends and family.
Protected content like the people I work with. It feels like a family.
3. Follow your dreams. Figure out your purpose (when you know your passions you know your purpose) in life and go for it!
I can follow my dreams and the organization is giving me the opportunity to do what I really want in life.
I love simplicity and the bottom line is: Appreciate what you have, value your close relationships and follow your passions!
What do you think? Does it resonate with you ?
Mike Mastroyiannis is an Executive Coach and Consultant for among others Exponentially Disruptive Innovations. He has served as CEO of business units in Multinationals, founded or lead start ups and serves in advisory boards. He can be reached through LinkedIn or email at Protected content
Inspire Passion and Success