Join now

Apr or May 16 Everest Trek Anyone? (Hong Kong)

Hi all,

I am posting this hoping to look for people who are interested to climb (NOT summit) half of Mount Everest on April / May Protected content the Tibet side. Protected content , CNY 15,500 estimated)

The highest point of the adventure would be Advanced Base Camp at Protected content , or close to 21,000 ft.

There will be NO ice crevasses, or dangerous moves of any kind required, it's just a trek, but the highest one in the world. The only type of risk is high altitude, which can be prepared for through hiking.

After visiting the base camp (17,000 ft) two and of half years ago, I am hoping to hit over 20,000 ft this time, I hope some more people can join.

I would say I am moderately fit, but not stellar in any case. My record was Protected content for the Oxfam Trailwalker Protected content . I did not encounter any problems at Everest BC, except for breathing a bit harder than usual.

There is a tour provider for this, but I would alter their itinerary (which is possible) since our goal is to conquer half of Everest. That would also cut the unnecessary time, energy and money as much as possible.

The initial quote I get is about or lower than CNY 15,500, excluding return flight ticket to Tibet. Nor have they set the price for Protected content it's not for certain yet. I have been in touch with the tour operator for any further confirmation and details.

Proposed itinerary: (Original at Protected content )

(Photos from a different provider, which doesn’t seem to serve foreign nor even SAR residents at: Protected content )

Day 1- Arriving at Lhasa (direct daily flight to and from Shenzhen)
Day 2- Acclimatise at Lhasa, Border Permit to be arranged and done there on that day.
Day 3- Lhasa->Shigatse (lunch)->Tingri
Day 4- Tingri->Everest Base Camp
Day 5- Day Protected content to Day Protected content TibetCTrip.com**)
Day Protected content to Lhasa
Day Protected content Lhasa

**Day9 (B, L, D by cook): 1st day rest, we trek 4 km to Everest base camp Protected content , Protected content , one day rest, set up camping (today our Tibetan mountain cook will prepare the food)
Day10 (B, L, D by cook): 2nd day rest in Everest Base Camp (EBC- Protected content , Protected content , Acclimatization at Everest Base Camp.
Day11 (B, L, D by cook): Trek to Camp I (18,000ft, Protected content
Day12 (B, L, D by cook): Trek to Camp II (19,155ft, Protected content intern medium camp) -camping
Day13 (B, L, D by cook):Trek to Advanced Base Camp-ABC Camp III Protected content , Protected content and return to Camp II- -camping
Day14 (B): Return to Everest base camp from Camp II (19,155ft, Protected content and we drive back to Shigatse city, o/n in Shigatse Mansarovar Hotel**

Estimated tour cost: CNY 15,500, plus about another CNY 5,000 on flight tickets.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Henry.

Hong Kong Forum

Our Global Partners