Join now

Native English Teacher (British English) (Hong Kong)

I am a fully qualified, experienced CELTA teacher and I also hold a business degree and a number of diplomas. I have taught a variety of English classes in my working history through full time Kindergartens, adult learning centres and privately: children aged Protected content , IELTS preparation as well as teaching adults and working with executives preparing for job interviews, magazine interviews, and preparation for relocation to the UK and other English speaking countries through general conversation and targeting the specific weaknesses of my students.
Qualification : Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching (CELTA) ( Certificate ) ,BA Business Studies ( Degree ) ,Event Management and Public Relations ( Diploma ) ,Business Executive Assistant ( Diploma ) ,Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS) ( Diploma ) ,
Teaching Style : As a teacher who covers all ages of learners, I adapt my methods to suit my audience. I always try to make a lesson as fun and enjoyable as possible, varying activities and energy levels.

I am a fully qualified, experienced CELTA teacher and I also hold a business degree and a number of diplomas. I have taught a variety of English classes in my working history through full time Kindergartens, adult learning centres and privately: children aged Protected content , IELTS preparation as well as teaching adults and working with executives preparing for job interviews, magazine interviews, and preparation for relocation to the UK and other English speaking countries through general conversation and targeting the specific weaknesses of my students.

How I work:

I assess my students and work at the students level and pace.

I provide resources to assist learning. The student will just need to purchase a note book for any writing we may do.

There is no set course as I increase/improve the students English vocabulary and grammar as fast as the student is able to go, by building up from the students current level.

I use lesson time for practical speaking practice. Where appropriate I give homework tasks to develop grammar.

For adults I teach mostly through conversation, but again I tailor lessons to the student and their preferences for learning. Accent and pronunciation accuracy comes from practice and repeated correction, for which I have a lot of patience and a good ear.

I teach kids mostly through games, songs, rhymes and stories. I give advice for additional ways that parents can improve their kids English through interactive learning games and story books on ipads/android tablets.

I am happy to teach up to a maximum of 5 students per class if you wish to arrange a group. The more students in a group the more cost effective it is for those who cannot afford a fully private lesson.

Payment for lessons is taken upfront for the month to secure a specific lesson time. I am able to tailor a payment rate to clients who do regular lessons, but my general rates (HK$) are as follows for 50 minute lessons:

1 student $500 each
2 students $350 each
Protected content $250 each

I can teach in your home, a venue of your choice or in my home in Sheung Wan, just off Hollywood Road.

I can currently only teach private lessons between 17: Protected content from Monday-Thursday as I am a full time English teacher working in a local school on Caine Rd until 17:10. However I will be doing private lessons full time as of July Protected content .

I hope that answers any questions you may have had. I am available to meet up for an introduction and general chat about your goals, so let me know your preferences for time, day and if you are looking for 1, 2, or three lessons per week. The more regular the lessons, the faster you will see an improvement.

Please contact me to discuss your personal requirements.
email: Protected content
tel: Protected content whatsapp currently so please call or text)

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hong Kong Forum