Join now
Log in Join

Trainee architect looking for job over the summer! (Hong Kong)


Hi, I'm a student studying my two year masters in Architecture . I've worked on a architects practice before and had about 6 months experience. I'm hoping to work a few months in practice as an architectural assistant/intern in Hong Kong where I can absorb a different culture. I've been to Hong Kong before on holiday but this time I want to come back as a short term resident. As I'm doing my dissertation over the summer I would love to have some experience within architectural practices with focus on commercial projects.

Can someone give me some guidance on how to go ahead with this? And how to apply for VISA? Would it be better if I went there on a holiday VISA first and then look for jobs?

I've got a swedish passport but I've been a UK resident since six years back.

Hong Kong Forum