Museum of Fine Arts Houston & IKEA Party
The MFAH Mixed Media designed by IKEA is having its last party of the year on . . .you guessed it(!). . . Dec 21st!! Below are the details: Protected content
Although I adore art, I prefer to attend the Prado's Portraits of Spain instead the day before at the MFAH and relax on the 21st.
Celebrate the Maya New Millennium at MFAH Mixed Media Designed by IKEA
Last Bash of the Year! . . . And the End of the World?
Friday, December 21, Protected content
Time: 8 p.m.—midnight
Ceeplus Bad Knives
Tickets on sale now!
Take $5 off your online purchase by entering promocode MIME$5 by midnight Thursday, December 20.
In the Maya calendar, December 21, Protected content , marks the 13th Bak'tun, a period of 1,872,000 days, the Maya New Millennium—so let's party like there's no tomorrow at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston's last Mixed Media Designed by IKEA bash of the year. Houston's The Tontons, hot off of their recent national tour, will rock the late-night bash, along with Austin's BOAN and DJs Jessica Lozano and Ceeplus Bad Knives.
• Artist TKNY will be painting LIVE throughout the night.
• Have your name drawn in Maya Glyphs by Chelsea Dacus, Assistant Curator,
• Explore treasures from the Maya civilization and ask a curator a question (8–10 p.m) in the galleries of the Glassell Collection of pre-Columbian Gold.
• Spend some time snapping photos in the Smilebooth.
• First Protected content in the door receive a limited-edition give away designed by Ali Rapp made from IKEA textiles exclusively for this event.
• Cash bar featuring libations of lingonberry and elderflower from IKEA Houston.
18 & up only. Must present photo ID for admission. Must be 21 to purchase and consume alcoholic beverages.
Use #mixedmedia to follow the action on Twitter.
Visit mfah.org/mixedmedia for updates. Mixed Media events take place in the Caroline Wiess Law Building of the MFAH, Protected content at Main.