Join now

Aid for Syrian Refugee Children (Istanbul)

Hi. I am one of the Volunteer Consuls here in Istanbul for our Internations family. I first posted this notice (see below) about 10 days ago on the IN Volunteer group wall. I want to add a news article from today’s Hurriyet Daily news that explains some of the difficulties and obstacles for many Syrian Refugee children to attend school. I am in close contact with a UN backed Turkish NGO that has the means to help send Syrian children to local schools in Beyoglu. Please drop me a line if you are interested in helping. Thank you.

Protected content

REFUGEES: There are 330.000 'official' Syrian refugees in Istanbul, and some say the numbers are over 400,000. I have learned that there are 2 schools in Beyoglu where many Syrian children go to school. There is a need for sponsorship for monthly needs, for school materials; and some of them requite uniforms. There is also a need for 'new born" baby bags for families with new babies. We can discuss this at out next meeting, but if anyone wants to know more information about this, please do PM me...

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners