Job Title Director
Job Code Title Protected content
Job Requisition Number Protected content
Department Protected content of International Relations
Job Type Officer Full-Time Regular
Bargaining Unit Protected content
If temporary, indicate duration Protected content
Job Family General Administration
Salary Grade Protected content
Salary Range Protected content
Advertised Summary Job Description Reporting to the Office of Global Centers in New York, the Director is responsible for leading the Columbia Global Center for Turkey, located in Istanbul.
1. Establish a vibrant academic Center in Istanbul and link that Center's programs to Columbia University's network of global centers around the world.
2. Strategically communicate to Columbia faculty and administrators the activities and services offered by the Center and effectively build teaching and research programs that advance the core mission of the University.
3. Work closely with academic colleagues and institutions across Turkey and especially build ties to local NGOs, business and community leaders.
4. Maintain and enforce the Center's identity standards including editorial and visual guidelines.
5. Work closely with the Vice President of Global Centers to set policies, assist with strategic planning.
6. Work closely with the Director of Administration in New York to ensure Center compliance with all the financial, legal, tax policies and rules.
7. Work closely with local donors and work on fundraising in close collaboration with the Office of Alumni and Development.
8. Manage the strategic direction of the Center's website.
9. Be responsible for the financial management of the Center.
10. Supervise administrative and program staff.
11. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Grade
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Bachelor's degree required. Advanced Degree or Equivalent Training required. Seven years' related experience required.
Additional Position-Specific Minimum Qualifications
Applicant MUST meet these minimum qualifications to be considered an applicant Prior experience living and/or working in Istanbul/Turkey. Fluency in Turkish, English, and some knowledge of one major European language. Five years experience at a senior level in academic administration, program development and financial management, preferably in Turkey and/or U.S. Proven entrepreneurial talents and achievement in an institution-building setting. Superior interpersonal skills with proven ability to successfully interact and collaborate with varied constituencies in a professional manner. Excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy working with a wide variety of personalities. Must be a team player and innovative self-starter. Willing to accept multiple year commitment in Istanbul, Turkey.
Preferred Qualifications Ph D preferred.
Special Instructions Protected content
This position works with: Protected content
HIPAA Compliance training required No Response
Participation in Medical Surveillance required No Response
What type of posting? Is this a waiver request? Standard Posting
Requisition Open Date Protected content
Requisition Close Date
Quick Link jobs.columbia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind= Protected content
EEO Statement Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Local Hiring Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.