Join now

Credit Card & Mortgage services for foreigners (Istanbul)

I have recently started to worked with Garanti Bank as my company moved our salary payments to them. I have to say, for the first time of my Protected content stay in Turkey, I am positively impressed by a bank's clear procedures on foreign customers.

I will be receiving my Debit Card and Credit Card next week. Also, had a chat with my retail banking manager regarding a mortgage loan.

Apparently, foreigners are also eligible to get mortgage loan from Garanti. Not sure about acceptance criteria but she told me, as long as you prove your regular income and have a residence permission in Turkey, these are the preliminary conditions. If the house is suitable for Mortgage, they finance it to a certain percentage (up to 70%).

Regarding the complication with title deed procedures (which recently takes Protected content to complete), they can also provide a kind of “bridge” loan when you can close once you have the title deed on your name and switch to “Mortgage loan with lower interest and no KKDF expense.

It's aworth to check their web site for details:

Protected content ?

I am planning to apply for a loan in a few months. We'll see how cumbersome it will be!

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners