Join now

Exploring Istanbul by foot - 12 walks in 12 weeks

Hi everyone. I arrived in Istanbul from Washington DC about 3 weeks. So far, I've really enjoyed my time here; however between finding an apartment, settling in and going to work, I haven't had very much time to explore the city. Its time for that to change.

I purchased a book called Istanbul Step by Step. The book lists 12 walking tours of different parts of the city - European side, Asian side, Sultanahmet, Taksim, Galata, even the Princess Islands etc. I walked one of the recommended routes this weekend ( Eminonou and the Spice market) and it was great. My plan is to walk one of the routes each weekend for the next 12 weeks. The walks vary in distance Protected content and the amount of time required really depends on much time one spends taking in the sights, shopping, etc.

If anyone is interested in joining me, feel free to contact me at Protected content . In the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit I have a horrible sense of direction (maps and I have never gotten along) and my preferred way to end a walk is with a glass of wine and/or a relaxing nargile. Given my work schedule and my love of sleeping in on the weekends, I'd probably prefer to do the walks in the late morning/afternoon on either saturday or sundays.

Have a good evening,
Aisha.

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners