It’s also our first event of Protected content ! And we’re inviting 4 Internations expat foodies to join 24 F&BGI members.
When Chef-owner Didem Şenol suggested accommodating our group on Thursday, 26 January Protected content of later on Saturday, Rene and I only batted our eyelashes once before nodding in agreement because:
1) she can seat us in a long table at a prime time of 8:30pm, which would almost be impossible on the weekend.
2) we will be welcomed with an Assembly cocktail Protected content .
3) a special tasting menu will offer five of her exquisite Aegean meze dishes and a choice of fish or chicken entries and another choice from two of the restaurant’s favorite desserts.
4) the dinner menu will be paired with our sponsor UMURBEY wines, one of Turkey's prestigious boutique labels.
5) the deal clincher is that for a light-on-the-pocket price of 80TL CASH PAYMENT ONLY, our group will be wining & dining in one of The Guardian’s 10 Best Restaurant in Istanbul Protected content .
You'd all agree that this would be such a delicious year opener of an event for F&BGI and their Internations guests.
Read about Lokanta Maya from these links and I’m sure you’d agree:
Anyway, this is the menu that awaits us in the hands of a creative chef who trained in NY’s Le Cirque and the 3 Michelin-starred Danny Meyer’s Eleven Madison Park restaurants and who won Time Out Istanbul’s Best Chef Award in Protected content . She also wrote a best-selling cookbook on contemporary Aegean-Turkish cuisine. And BTW, the simple descriptions in the menu are intentional; find out why...
Five Mezze served to group of four:
***Legume salad with pomegranate ***Zucchini fritters, dill yogurt sauce ***Marinated sea bass ***Crispy fresh anchovies, alioli ***Warm goat cheese, persimmons, almond
Choice of entree from:
***Wine basted sea bass with fennel “Pilaki” ***Grilled chicken with pumpkin orzo risotto
Choice of dessert from:
***Pudding Mastic ***Baked pumpkin
80TL CASH Payment only.
Maximum 20 F&BGI members and 5 Internations guests only.
ASSEMBLY Cocktails: 8 – 8:30pm; dinner starts promptly at 8:30pm
LOKANTA MAYA is located right in the next block after the world-famous Gulluoglu Baklavaci in Karakoy. There’s a storied parking building nearby.