Join now

Fresh off the boat (Istanbul)

Hi All, just arrived in Istanbul today. I am planning on being here for at least 3 months and perhaps considerably longer. Currently in a small studio in Beyoglu at the moment but no definite plans after.

Background: 38 year old lawyer, who knows a bit of coding (Ruby) and currently working my way through an online MBA at the moment. Really interested in meeting like minded people socially and seeing how things pan out in Istanbul over the next few months. Currently working remotely but open to opportunities in coding/tech/start ups or hell if you wanted to open a coffee shop or bar who knows...

Interests in no particular order:
- Travel (Hiking/Climbing/Mountaineering/Sailing/Diving)
- Last time I was here I cycled from the UK and on to Georgia.
- Protected content some time sailing across the Atlantic (forgotten most of it now).
- writing (aspiring novelist working on a spy thriller series at the moment)
- Entrepreneurship & business (linked to the coding interest)
- If I really have to I can talk about Law but only if I don't like you very much - background is litigation ;-)
- Love good food, good company and any type of topic about history, politics, literature, music. Very keen on live Jazz or classical music.

Drop me an email if any of that interests you or just fancy grabbing a coffee, lunch or company for a jazz night you know about: Protected content .

All the best

Owen

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners