BUSINESS BRIDGE LIAISON OFFICER
BRITISH CONSULATE GENERAL ISTANBUL
The British Consulate General is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, creed, beliefs and age.
An immediate vacancy has arisen for a Business Bridge Liaison Officer in the UK Border Agency Customer Services Unit at the British Consulate General Istanbul on a permanent basis. The successful applicant must be available to take up the position quickly. This position requires working as part of a team in a busy Section, under the direction of the Head of the UK Border Agency in Istanbul.
Skills and Attributes Required
• Advanced level of spoken and written Turkish and English
• Excellent customer care and telephone skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to deal with senior officials and other high-ranking customers courteously and effectively
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word and Excel
• Ability to manage work with limited supervision and to meet deadlines
• Ability to write messages clearly and respond to instructions
Key Competences required for the vacancy
Managing Self, Others & Resources
Self discipline, high standards, and a willingness to take initiative
Able to handle a number of tasks; meets deadlines.
Uses initiative to chase up progress on tasks.
Sets high standards & demonstrates best practice.
Uses information, experience and judgement to solve day to day problems and complete routine tasks.
Working with Others
Ability to work closely with other team members and teams
The proven ability to produce very high quality written work in both English and Turkish
Communicates clearly and concisely
Learning & Development
Commitment to organisational and personal learning and development
Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementation of the new Business Bridge visa programme, involving business, government and senior academic visa applications
• Establishment of relationships with the offices of key partners of the UK network in Turkey who approach us over VIP and Business Bridge visa applications
• Dealing with VIP customer applications, in Turkish and in English
• Dealing with enquiries from the Ambassador’s office
• Dealing with enquiries from other sections of the Embassy, Consulate General, Consulates and Honorary Consulates
• Acting as a liaison point between the Ambassador/Consul General and UKBA
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your up-to-date CV, in English, to hr. Protected content , together with a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suited to this post.
Please mark the subject line as Ref: Istanbul Business Bridge Liaison Officer
The closing date for applications is Friday, 30 March Protected content . Applications received after deadline will not be accepted. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The applicants must have a clear immigration background.
The annual salary for this position is 49,104 TL gross. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Turkey Network are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Turkish Labour Law.