Join now

Having a baby in Istanbul

Hi there!

My name is Susanne and I'm about to move to Istanbul with my New Zealand husband, 11 month old baby/ toddler and our second baby is due at the beginning of March Protected content . I'm hoping that anyone can tell me what the system is like in Istanbul when you're expecting - is it a midwife who looks after you or an obstetrician or a team of doctors/midwives/obstetricians? Do people have their babies in hospitals or are there also other options? And are there certain places to stay after you had your baby or do you go home as soon as possible?

And does anyone know anyone I could meet as I would love to meet some different people/ professionals before deciding who's gonna look after me when I move to Istanbul.

I'll be in Istanbul in 2 weeks time so would love to make some appointments. Not moving until after Christmas which is why I would love to take a few steps into the process now and understand most of it so I kind of know what to expect in the last couple of months of pregnancy ;-)

Would really love to hear from anyone who's got experience with this or knows anyone I could chat with. Please get in touch with me, would be hugely appreciated.

Talk soon!

Susanne Smith

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners