Join now

House, nanny, dogs, etc (Istanbul)

Dear friends!

What a lovely community!

I am moving to Istanbul in July with 2 kids and 2 dogs:-) I will be looking for a house with at least some garden space and located not too far from Nisantasi, where my office will be located. What I have seen online so far (in Ortakoy, Ulus, Etiler) seems like not too much houses with garden are available, but I might be wrong. What is really realistic to find in those areas? What is the price range?

Second, I will need to find an English speaking nanny/housekeeper. Kids are not small, but I will work late hours and will probably travel, so will need someone who can either live-in, or stay later hours and when/if needed to stay in when I travel. I have read here some recommendations about Philippinno nannies and Turkish nannies, would appreciate if some families who are leaving this summer might recommend anyone suitable. What is the salary range for a properly registered English speaking nanny/housekeeper?

Sorry for so many questions! I am really looking forward to move to this amazing city!

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners