Join now

I got 24 hours on the 5th. What's happenin'? (Istanbul)

Hey everyone. I hope this is the right forum for this type of post. If not, I'm happy to close this and post elsewhere. (Just discovered IN and I'm not sure how things work here yet).

Anyway, on pretty short notice I've planned a trip to Ghana from Berlin, but I have a 24 hour layover in Istanbul. I land around 15:30 on the 5th in IST, and gone about the same time the next day.

I'm not familiar with the city at all so I'm gonna spend some time tonight on this, but I wanted to see if I can get some feedback here as well.

So, first, very generally, any suggestions/advice? Perhaps suggest a nice walking route for a few hours to catch some interesting sights. Foods I should try while I'm in town? Any bars where I can while away the evening hours perhaps with some jazz, experimental, or otherwise interesting music? (I'm a musician myself).

Of course, I would love it if anyone wants to join me at any point, grab a coffee, grab a beer, take a walk, do something touristy that you've been meaning to get around to but thought you'd wait till you had a visitor in town...(and make a new Berlin-based contact in the process).

(I saw the mention of a pub quiz on the forums which coincides, so that might be my default option as of now.)

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners