Join now

Internations Monthy Events (Istanbul)

Views

I just got back from this month's event and I want to share my thoughts. as I am one of the photographers, I am able to mingle amongst all the groups, and when i say groups, I mean that.... little pockets of people, usually in 4s or 5s just standing around and talking. Now I try and introduce people that have something in common. I guess as I get to meet a lot of people, it's easier for me, but what do the other members do....?

Too often do i come across groups of Turkish people speaking in Turkish.... How inviting do you think this is to a foreigner ???

Internations was set up, as I believe for expats who are in a country where they do not know the local language and would like to meet like minded people who are in the same situation. I believe it was also set up for expats to meet locals who can converse in the international language of English and perhaps offer advice.

(This may be harsh) I saw very little of this going on tonight... What I did see was, as above, groups of male and female Turkish people not speaking English even, let alone, trying to find an expat who may need their assistance.

I have a question to single flagged members (Albatross and Basic), just in case I need to explain, single flagged meaning here that you are from this country only. Why are you a member of this community? As all communities it is about give and take.. what do you give and what do you receive? (this is not a rhetorical question, I really want to know )

Hope to hear from you....

PS. The Internations monthly gatherings are photographed for fun and show that we are a sharing fun loving community, polite rejections are acceptable. Looking down of ones nose and snorting is not..

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Istanbul Forum