Join now

Kiva's first Field Partner in Turkey (Istanbul)

Just wanted to let you know that Kiva.org is now working with Maya Microfinance Enterprise ( A project of KEDV). Maya Microfinance Enterprise is Kiva's first field partner in Turkey and posted its first borrower profiles in August Protected content . The partnership with Kiva will enable Maya to reach more low-income women who lack access to financial services to start or improve their small-scale businesses.

For those of you that already are a Kiva lenders and would like to support Turkish women borrowers, I've created a Friends of Maya lending team on Kiva that you are welcome to join. One of the benefits of joining the team is that I send out an email to the team letting them know that Maya has sent to borrower profiles to Kiva and to keep an eye out for them.

You can view the first profiles Maya posted here Protected content and for current loans being funded you can check here Protected content

Hey one of the best things is that Kiva has gift certificates-- no more lost/never received gifts!

For those of you that don't know Kiva or Maya:

What is Kiva?

Protected content

What is Maya?

Protected content

One of my favorite videos showing the impact of Kiva

Protected content .

If you have questions or need more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Kim Strathearn
Kiva Fellow, KF 16 Turkey
Protected content

Make a Small Loan, Make a Big Difference!
See how at Protected content

My Lending Teams:
Protected content - join this team to fund loans from Maya borrowers
Protected content - join this team to fund loans from any country
Protected content -join this team if you are a Turkish Kiva user

Istanbul Forum