Join now

Moving to Istanbul - So many questions

Hello,

I am moving to Istanbul at the end of next month for work and I have so many questions. I don't speak Turkish at all, but I would like to take lessons. I will live in Tarabya. My accommodation will be provided by my employer, so this is sure.

1. I am looking for a gym or personal trainer in Tarabya or close by. Can you recommend a good gym that isn't too far? However, I am happy to travel a bit to get to a good gym.

2. Where can I get a mobile contract and a mobile phone? My current one is broken, so I am planning on getting a new phone in Istanbul together with a contract. I don't need many minutes or texts, but a lot of high data volume would be great. I have unlimited data here, so if such a thing exists in Turkey please let me know. Ideally with an iPhone. What will I need to get a mobile phone contract?

3. What is Tarabya like? Is it a nice area? I will travel to Istanbul for one night at the 6.12, but until then I know little about it.

Thanks for taking the time to read through all my questions, I really appreciate it. I am looking forward to move, but very anxious as I don't speak Turkish at all. I have lots of other questions, but those are the most important ones.

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners