Join now

Multilingual jobhunting in Turkey (Istanbul)

I am a 27 years old Belgian who has been living and working abroad for the last 5 years. I have worked in 6 countries by now, including a while in Turkey. Unfortunately there was miscommunication about the working permits that lead to chaos, and I returned to the EU because of the ongoing struggle to get the working permit organised in a normal way. However, I still miss Turkey a lot, both the country, its culture and its people. Istanbul to me remains the most beautiful city I have ever been to, and I absolutely love the friendliness and solidarity of the Turkish people.

In other words: I would love to return eastward, but with a job that includes a proper working permit so that I wouldn't have to worry about the legal status. Does anyone know an employer that needs multilinguals?

I speak Dutch, English, German and French.

I have 5 years of experience in the call center/customer service industry and have worked in every aspect of this industry: inbound/outbound calls and email based support, technical support and customer service, sales, reservations, ... I have done these tasks in all 4 languages I mentioned.
Additional experience with cash collections, invoicing, and administration. On unpaid basis (voluntary work) I have experience with secretary work and writing and publishing articles on a wide variety of subjects including sports, arts and politics.

In terms of computers and software: I am very familiar with internet and MS Office, and have experience with SAP and Oracle.

Any hints would be more than welcome.

PS: as I am keen on leaving Europe behind me for a while (5 EU countries is enough, they all start to look somewhat similar after a while in terms of daily life and mentality of the people) I am also applying in some other Middle Eastern countries, however to return to Turkey would be my ultimate preference.

Tesekkurler :)