Join now

Pera Palace - Gastronomy - Documentary Project (Istanbul)

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you know, recently we are working on a new documentary project: "The Last Flavor Stop of the Orient Express: Pera Palace"

Synopsis: Pera Palace Hotel, one of the most famous hotels of Istanbul with its century history and celebrity guests, is preparing to re-open its doors on 1st of September Protected content , after two and half year of restoration process. As one of Istanbul’s most valuable hotels, Pera Palace Hotel has been restored loyally to its historical texture. The hotel is preparing to give life to its history with a modern touch and is renewing its kitchen with a very famous chef and a surprising menu. Chef Maximilian Thomae has been brought to the head of the hotel’s culinary heritage; he aims to give a special touch to existing flavors while adding new tastes to the menu.
Chef Maximilian Thomae will bring to life the menu of Agatha Restaurant with his young and creative team, and viewers will have a look to the history of the hotel through the perspective of Agatha Restaurant, the last flavor stop of the Orient Express.
In this documentary, we will meet the heroes of this success story and witness the preparation process at the backstage of the kitchen while doing short and dramatic flashbacks to the history of the hotel.

I'd like to take your comments about the project

best regards

P.S.after sep1 our teaser will be on release at internet, I'll share that with you as well

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners