Join now

Searching for University/Adults Teaching (Istanbul)

Hello Folks,

I am an American now in my 4th year of English teaching in China and desire to move to Turkey to teach. My current contract ends December 15, Protected content I can be moving the following week.

China has been nice, but enough is enough......and am very ready for a change in both language and culture.

Presently I am in a Private school teaching kids from Grade One to Ten and there is so little desire or interest it is simply "keep them busy for 45 minutes". I'm used to getting some kind of results, and here, there is nothing like that. It's not very rewarding at all !

I solicit your input and comments about this move; all are welcome ! If you know of a particular situation and want, you can contact me privately. I prefer a Public College/University setting......I've taught that age and adults for a long time and it is the most comfortable for me. Private schools that say they have adults most often don't, plus, many private schools are not so "cool". There is also the issue of workload versus salary.

Thank you for all the help.

Istanbul Forum