Join now

Speech Therapist / diction-accent coach? (Istanbul)

Hello everyone,

I know this is a really big long shot. But does anyone know of any speech therapists or diction/accent therapists in Istanbul I can visit?

I have been learning Turkish for the last 2 years, and now I can speak pretty fluently most of the time with my friends. But because of my (in my opinion) unpleasant American accent I wish I didn't have, I still have so many troubles with saying the "r" sounds in Turkish. I can't say words like: 'burssuz', '***-ebilirim/-***-abilirim', etc. correctly and it really makes me upset. :) I don't want to sound like American speaking Turkish, I want to sound as correct and Turkish as possible when speaking Turkish of course.

But, I don't know if a regular Turkish teacher can help me with this. Because unless they have a specific degree in teaching Turkish as a foreign/secondary language (and most don't), they may not be specialized in helping me make the sounds of the Turkish language.

So anyway, if anyone knows of a speech therapy center or accent coach or diction course that can help me (if they know English it's even better), please let me know.

Thank you very much

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners