The Guide Istanbul is looking for a copy editor
The Guide Istanbul is looking for an experienced copy editor for the magazine's print and digital content. We are looking for someone who is both passionate and creative and who will work as part of The Guide Istanbul's editorial team.
The copy editor will be responsible for assuring and maintaining high quality of magazine's copy.
- Edit submitted copy accurately to in-house style, check grammar, spelling and punctuation,
- Conduct online research and thoroughly fact-check submitted copy,
- Edit pages in InDesign and write headlines,
- Write short news articles,
- Develop the in-house style guide.
Minimum requirements for the position
- Excellent command of English, native speakers preferred,
- Strong editing skills and attention to detail,
- 1-2 years of editing experience,
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- University degree, preferably in the field of English,
- Previous writing experience is a plus.
How to apply
Applicants should submit their resume along with a cover letter highlighting any previous experience relevant to the advertised position to marzena(at)apa.com.tr. The candidates are expected to take an editing test to evaluate their qualifications.