Join now

There CAN be English stand-up comedy in Istanbul!

Upon Per's smart move to garner attention on English stand up comedy in Istanbul, we have found out that there are none in existence. And so I made my way down to the only comedy club in Istanbul, named Old City Comedy Club, and talked to their manager.

He told me that he would be more than happy to spare a two hour spot on a chosen Saturday night between Protected content we can perform stand up comedy in English!!

The place is lovely. It has a cozy, genuine atmosphere with a humble stage very close to the audience (one can even perform without a microphone), and a bar serving a variety of liquor. This could be a great opportunity for us IN members to mingle in a different setting.

What I need to know before I set up the programme is how many people would be interested in attending such a performance. If there is enough demand, then I will proceed to creating an official IN event (do I need to be authorized by somebody on the site for doing that?) Also, I would love to have at least 4 people to perform for 30 minutes each, and I certainly am willing to be one.

peace
A

Istanbul Forum

Our Global Partners