Volunteer HEAD OF PR for May 10th event wanted! (Istanbul)
Let's Do It! Türkiye is an ambitious and unique civic project that aims to bring together around country from all cities and to involve thousands of volunteers to take part of national cleanup action on the 10th of May Protected content . Such civic mass cleanup has never been organised before in Turkey and we are looking for project based motivated and talented Head of Public Relations for the campaign.
THE TASKS OF THE HEAD OF PUBLIC RELATIONS
The Head of Public Relations of the Let's Do It! Mediterranean is in charge of a team of volunteers (developing, motivating, helping, managing the team), who do not work together in the office. Therefore online teamwork skills are essential. Head of Public Relation sets goals, strategies and takes care of prominent media coverage (actively contacting the media, introducing the project, etc).
The aim of this position is to make Let's Do It! Türkiye visible around Turkey together with the help of local teams in the participating cities.
* Creating, developing and leading the team of volunteers of own choice
* Contacting prominent media channels for cooperation
* Strategical planning, working together with the core team
* Finding media and advertising partners (together with volunteers)
* Planning and leading campaign, advising teams to run their own city based campaigns
This is a project based voluntary position, which requires quite some attention till the end of May in Protected content . Head of Public Relations is also expected to contribute to the final report (in media and communication matters) and monitor of media coverage after the cleanup days.
You are the perfect person to join this campaign if you:
* like challenges and multicultural international actions (Let's Do It! Türkiye is part of Let's Do It! World global civic movement)
* care about civic involvement and the environment
* have good motivational skills
* have worked in PR and/or marketing field at least for 2 years
* have organised campaigns and events
* have experience in team management (either voluntary or paid)
* are good at writing journalistic texts (press releases, other articles), have good knowledge on media, etc
* can share up to 1 hour of your time during business days.
What we offer you:
- You get to be a part of an countrywide core team of 20 people and most important of all - you get to make history helping to organize the biggest cleanup action ever!
- Recommendation letter from Let's Do It! World organization Protected content .
- As mentioned above Let's Do It! Türkiye is part of Let's Do It! World global action, which unites Protected content and has involved 9 million people to take part of voluntary cleanup actions all over the world. The movement has grown from a small one country action into a global action within just few years. You will have plenty of opportunities to be creative, achieve and fulfil your dreams and plans with us! We put trust in you and give you an opportunity to network in a country level not just with other teams organizing cleanups, but also with public and private sector. This is a great way to test and show your skills and get new professional contacts!
- We need a person with good Turkish skills, and of course English is necessary to interact with Country Coordinator who is not from Turkey. You don't need to be a native Turkish speaker, but you should feel comfortable writing and presenting yourself in Turkish. You are not going to be alone in this as experienced team members of Let's Do It! Türkiye and the General Coordinator will be helping you.
In case you are interested, please contact Aigi Karakaya, the General Coordinator of Let's Do It! Türkiye as soon as possible! 10th of May Protected content around the corner!
More information about Let's Do It! Türkiye can be found here: Protected content and on their Facebook page.
More information about the tasks and the position: aigi.karakaya (at) letsdoitturkiye.org
Please kindly email all your inquiries and/or application.
Home page: Protected content
Facebook: Protected content
Twitter: Protected content
Youtube: Protected content