Join now

Apartment advice - Central Jakarta

Hello guys,

Yet another person looking for some local advice on where to live. Hope you guys can provide some sound advice :)

I will be relocating from Bangkok to Jakarta for work in mid-May, our offices are located in Menara Standard Chartered building, next to the intersection of Jalan Jenderal Sudirman and Jalan Profesor Doktor Strio Roads (Long road names hey).

I have been given a specific option at Pearl Garden. Also will be shown other places nearby and have also been told about Kemang (I was told that it would be about 1/2hr from office, but from what I have read here, it might be more than that, what do you think?)

I would like to add to the above that I am a single guy so don't need something too big and would also like an area where I can also entertain myself (restaurants, nightlife, etc.) I will also have a car and driver but of course do not want to be stuck in traffic for hours everyday.

Of course, one can never get everything one wants :) but I'll take on board any comments you guys can give me.....thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,

Juan Pablo

Jakarta Forum

Our Global Partners