Join now

... could this be a good idea? (Jakarta)

Dear Internation Members - Is this a good idea.. please comment

I have a couple of friends who are experienced teachers and who have access to a new, nice meeting room in Epicentrum - it comfortably seats 6 persons, and it has all modern av-equipment. This can be used as a small "class room" where they can teach for instance Bahasa Indonesia, but also offer English tuition to companies and private persons. It can both be done during normal office hours - but also at night and in the week ends. The facility also offers opportunity for "1 to 1 teaching", as part of the course.

Their idea is to offer this in a "cost friendly" way and in a small group - compared to also "language courses", so something like maximum 6 persons and rp 100,000 per time, so for instance 2 times per week - will be like less than 1 million per month. (Some private language schools charge 4 million per month (same number of hours - but with a bigger crowd like Protected content

As they are going to invest a bit in this, it would be highly appreciated, if you would give your comments to

- if you think this sounds like a good idea - and if it is "easy" to find "students"?
- except for putting ads in Internations, and the free "expat news papers" how
would you then suggest them to do the marketing?

As many in here are potential "students" and also many are teachers, I hope you will post a few comments and give some input - thanks in advance. Please also feel free to send me your input to Protected content

Jakarta Forum

Our Global Partners