Join now

fitting out new house (Jakarta)

hi all,

We are fully moving into the Big Durian early June and are very excited about this!
We spent this last week going around on an 'exploration week' orienting ourselves and looking for a house. Long story short, we found one that suits our needs and budget (I'm not working for big a multinational, so have to take care of everyting myself). Anyway, found something decent enough, but the landlord provides just the basic facilities (oven+stove+dining tableset+beds+matress). We shall still collect and buy the remainder to make the house liveable and our own. I was wondering where all of you buy/bought the things you buy to fill your house - other than via the marketplace on this site or the jakarta marketplacegroup on facebook - i.e what are the best places to buy for the following items (and are there any decent online shops available??):
- Electronics (tv, fridge, microwave, and kitchenappliances)
- decorative furniture (tv shelve, study desk, bookshelves)
- kitchen stuff (pots, pans, plates, bowls, cuttlery, bins, etc)

Like I said, we are on a bit of a budget and cant really splurge and are looking for most economical solutions :)

Also, we walked around in Grand Plaza Indonesia today, and seems there are special sales on weekends only in some of the stores (such as Best Denki I think it was called?). Where could i find more information on this?

For what its worth - our new home will be in Mampang, so any reference/directions to shops would preferably in South/Central Jakarta - or do shops in these areas automatically charge a premium?

Thanks in advance for your feedback and inputs!

Michael

Jakarta Forum

Our Global Partners