Join now

Hi Everyone! Moving to Jakarta!

Views

Hi everyone, my name is Andrew. I am American and currently living in the Los Angeles area (originally from New York City area) I am planning on moving to Jakarta within the next 3 weeks and have done a fair amount of research and also luckily have a few friends on the ground there. At 25 years old, I am at a crossroads in my life. My Father passed away back in January, and before that time came, he told me to go out in the World, do all the things I ever wanted, no regrets and do it with honor and intelligence. Since he has passed, these words have stayed with me and now I am at the point where I am finally able to do this. Alas, off to Jakarta, Indonesia I go! I really look forward to speaking and meeting expats on this site in the months to come and if there is anything I can ever do to assist, I am your go-to-guy.

I am college-educated, have Executive level management experience in Global markets, and look to bring my experience and knowledge to the great people of Jakarta. I am currently seeking employment -- my resume is available.

At any rate, I am beyond excited right now and looking to meet like-minded individuals to get some insight on some of the things in Jakarta; suchas where all the young people live/hang out, where I can find a safe apartment for around $400-$550/mo, as previously stated -- EMPLOYMENT, and just what I can expect coming out there. I plan on 1 year minimum, but you never know what what the future holds!

I hope to hear back from you guys (and gals)!

Andrew

Jakarta Forum

Our Global Partners