Join now

Starting a new life... (Jakarta)

To start a new life in a new city and country especially if we talk about Jakarta/Indonesia can be quite challenging.

Not to mention the new culture a newbie has to adapt to.

Thousands of other expats already found their way, but a few hundred`s struggle with the new environment and its challenges, to feel the freedom that this amazing country has to offer.

Indonesia has a lot of things to offer and a amazing culture to explore, but again… Especially if we look at Jakarta, we face a few deficits that made it a bit hard, even for me in the first years, to keep a balance.

Getting to know the new city that now I call home, meant that I needed to explore things that helped me and my family to live comfortably here in Jakarta.

So If someone plan to live in Jakarta, one thing become most important… WHERE TO LIVE...

The variety of places and types of accommodation in Jakarta is quite overwhelming.

I am half Indonesian (German background), and my wife is Indonesian too. That means that I had a big support to build my nest, and to find what is important for me… Nature, Adventure, FRIENDS…

I cannot imagine how hard it would have been to survive over the last years, without that support…

So if it comes to someone to choose which area he or her want to live in. Ultimately it comes down to where you feel suits, and what`s best for your family!

That is why I want to offer to assist new expats on their first steps to their new life by offering to share my network, to show you the four main areas, where expats live, in more detail, and to support your daily life with the right people to solve upcoming problems wherever needed.

Just contact me,... and we (me and my network) will be happy to answer your questions and show you the hidden paradises of Indonesia and especially of Jakarta.
Therefore as well I want to introduce you to a unique hideaway, which offers you to explore the real Javanese culture in one single spot…
This is not a resort or hotel I am talking about… more a private family homestay, which consist of a orchid nursery, handmade Batik production, woodcraft and agriculture which include a huge amount of different fruits and veggies that grow everywhere… Music workshops offer to join, spectacular temples and a stunning landscaping are nearby…

The difference to other places that I found here in Indonesia is that this place is real…
Even without visitors this place is doing all those activities, and they become more and more self reliant in what they are doing…

And what I can offer here, is not only to visit this place, it is more about to become part of it… Part of a community or even part of the family…

So whenever someone feel burned out,… sick of the traffic or the crowd … sick of the pollution… you have access to a place where time stands still, where you can join a hobby, or just lay under a mango tree at the pool and read a book… or just cruise around with a bike till sunset…

I am still working on a proper website for that hideaway… but feel free to contact me (PM) or take a look on what I already put together, if you want to know more about the hideaway…

Protected content

Best regards!!!

Jakarta Forum

Our Global Partners