Join now

Women's Development Research (Jeddah)

Views

Hi Ladies,

Salam Alaikum. I hope this letter finds you well. My name is Sandra Dirksen, and I am an advocate for women's development globally. I have lived in Saudi Arabia for eleven years and have thoroughly enjoyed teaching Saudi women at two Saudi universities.

Currently, I am a doctoral candidate researching women’s leadership at Creighton University located in Omaha, Nebraska, U.S.A. in their Ed.D. in Interdisciplinary Leadership Program. I am an advocate for the Nitaqat, King Abdullah's Scholarship Fund, and Vision Protected content increase employment and community development for all Saudis. My research is being conducted through the lens of my scholarship of the country and culture, but I am also collecting data through the lens as a daughter-in-law and sister-in-law to four very impressive Saudi women as well as through my experiences as a wife and mother and through my experiences with my husband’s extended Saudi family.

For my dissertation in practice, I am implementing a study to explore how agency relates to the career advancement of women in Saudi Arabia. The purpose of my study will seek to understand how personal and collective agency impacts a Saudi woman’s ability to obtain career mobility. My goal is to shed light on what variables might be supporting or impeding women’s career advancement.

I have chosen InterNations due to my perceived "collective and supportive" nature of the platform and to increase my overall recruitment in an effort to obtain data from sources beyond my immediate networking circle.

I would like to invite you to take part in this study, which includes only a single 45 minute Zoom interview with you as the study participant. The personal interview will focus on your phenomenological or lived experience as a woman seeking career advancement in a mixed-working environment. If you wish to participate in this study, please email me at Protected content .

Sincerely,
Sandra J. Dirksen
Creighton University EdD Interdisciplinary Leadership Program Doctoral Candidate

Jeddah Forum

Our Global Partners