Join now

Fabulous Loft (warehouse style) Apartment in Johannesburg CBD for rent

Hi All

I’m leaving Johannesburg for my work. Sadly I can’t take my apartment with me, so a fabulous 3 bedroom loft (warehouse conversion style) apartment in Jo’burg CBD is now available to rent.

It’s in the old Barclays bank HQ building on the corner of Commissioner and Harrison, and is about a km each from Neighbourgoods market, Arts on Main and the Sheds @1 Fox street.

It’s 2 mins walk from the local Woolies, Mugg & Bean and MacD’s and all the little sandwich bars and coffee shops on the padestrianised section of Main Street.

It's also two stops on the Gautrain bus, from the Park Gautrain station, which is 8 mins to Sandton and 4 mins to Rosebank.

The apartment is about 140sqm in size, comes with underground parking (in what was the bank vault) and had a double page feature in the Sunday Times Home supplement, a couple of years ago.

The building itself is well maintained (by the guys that own 44Stanley), has a friendly communal atmosphere and nice mix of local and foreign (Brits, Germans, Austrians and Romanians) owners. I was originally drawn to it by the fact that I could walk to the shops for a loaf of bread or bottle of milk, as opposed to having to get in the car and drive.

If you haven't experianced the CBD, it's the oldest part of town with a 9 or 10 block area that has a very old New York/City of London feel. It's thriving during the week and very quiet at the weekends. The architectural style lends itself nicely to old city movie scenes (look out for scenes in the new Avengers movie) and TV commercials.

I've posted a link to the Sunday Times feature below and will also put some pics in an album on my profile.

Message me back, or call Protected content , if you’re interested. pls leave a message if it goes to V.mail as I'm out of the country at the moment.

Thanks
Ade

Protected content

Johannesburg Forum