Join now

Greetings Fellow Expats in SA (Johannesburg)

Hiya,
My name's Marcus. I'm born and raised in the US and have travelled extensively around the world.

I have recently relocated to SA and have found myself in quite a predicament. Having acquired 8 of the 120,000 documents I need to get a work visa here I now am faced with having to find a job that will vouch for me so I can get the Dept. of Labor document, to submit to the VFS and get my 5 year work permit.

If anyone here knows who, what, when, where, and how to do this give me a shout. Time is not on my side. and returning to the US is not an option. Today I have to go get another passport because somehow I inexplicably lost mine on the way to an appointment for yet another document two weeks ago.

I also need to find a cheaper place to live in the Rosebank, Bramley, Parkwood, or Killarney area such that if everything goes bottoms up I'll be leaving the country within Protected content . and need to save some much needed cash.

If like 99.9% of everyone I've spoken to since I arrived here in April you're wondering, 'What the hell made you come here?' you can read my unedited online journal of my travels here: Protected content

Chapter Protected content my SA trip. Chapter Protected content my travels around the rest of the world since the beginning.

Thanks. Look forward to connecting. I rarely answer my phone such that I'm usually working at my soon to be past job but I am on what's app: Protected content I always check my email: Protected content

Regards

Marcus

Johannesburg Forum

Our Global Partners