Join now

What are you doing over the Mandela Day Weekend? (Johannesburg)

We all know Nelson Mandela day is coming up next week Friday Protected content . I think it would be awesome if members of the Internations Jhb community could either organise an event or join onto an existing one occurring over that weekend (19th/20th July).

I was thinking of visiting an orphanage/children's home in Soweto with toys ,books , blankets etc and possibly throwing a small party for the kids and just engaging and playing with the children. However I'm quite open to ideas, as I know there are so many wonderful events occurring over that weekend.

Ideally everyday should be Mandela Day, but not everyday does a whole country/community unite to think about the other man less fortunate than him. This unity for goodwill is probably what makes this day so grand, so partaking in it is not only honouring his legacy but also showing the softer side of humanity.

Even if its not next week, or the week after, or you are unable to join In on any charitable events over that day/weekend, there are still always many worthy causes to assist with on any of the Protected content in the year

Well I know its quite late notice, but if anyone is keen to start an activity/visit an orphanage or join one already happening on either 19/20 July, please drop me an email : Protected content

"Our children are our greatest treasure. They are our future. Those who abuse them tear at the fabric of our society and weaken our nation." - National Men`s March, Protected content

Johannesburg Forum

Our Global Partners