Dear Fellow expats, I would like to draw your attention to the incredible work being carried out by the Uganda Volunteers Foundation. They are working tirelessly to improve the lives of local families, and rely entirely on donations to carry out their wonderful work. Currently they have a number of projects, one of the most urgent is to add a roof and door to finish a shelter for a homeless single mother and her three children.
Please, if anyone has any building materials that you could donate (builders & DIY enthusiasts please take note), please PM me, or send a message directly to the UVF facebook page.
It really doesn't take much to change a life, so please help if you can.
Also, any clothing, shoes, bedding, household items, children's toys- anything you can donate, and in any condition, will be gratefully received by the up to Protected content in need being supported by the UVF. Items can be dropped off in Kololo or Old Kampala, some collection of items may also be possible- please PM me for details.
The urgent need is for the following materials TO CONSTRUCT/FINISH A Room FOR NABAKA TO LIVE WITH HER THREE KIDS- we'd like to have Nabaka in a safe place to live as soon as possible, so PLEASE help.
1. Iron sheets for roofing 13pcs 299,000shs
2. Edges 4pcs 32,000shs
3. Roofing Nails(4 inches) 2kgs 14,000shs
4. Nails (3 inches) 2kgs 10,000shs
5. Roofing trees 26pcs 91,000shs
6. Pains 6pcs 10,000shs
7. Door 1pcs 200,000shs
8. Mirrows 2pcs 20,000shs
9. Pate 1kg 8,000shs
10. Lake sand 1 trip 120,000shs
11. Plasta sand 1 trip 120,000shs
12. Bricks 400pcs 80,000shs
13. Cement 13bags 416,000shs
14. Ropes 4pcs 2,000shs
15. Kirundo timber 4PCS 40,000shs
16. Water 90 jericans 27,000shs
17. Stones 1 trip 170,000shs
18. Labour for builder and helper 380,000shs
19. Estimated transport for building materials.300,000shs
Thank you in advance for whatever you can help with.